A Description of the Calling:
Grace Church, a healthy congregation of 400+, located in the beautiful mountain town of Salida, Colorado, is calling a new Youth Director. The candidate will:
- Introduce students both inside and outside the church to the person and work of Jesus Christ and disciple them towards a life consistent with beliefs shaped by the doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Joyfully and lovingly shepherd the youth of Grace Church.
- Model leadership that is dependent on the Holy Spirit and committed to Biblical teaching.
- Grow one step closer to Jesus through faith in and reliance upon His person, work and promises. At Grace Church, this means active involvement in Learning Environments, Community Groups and the Sunday Morning Gathering.
- Work in joyful cooperation with the elders, deacons, and staff as they lead the Grace Church family in growing one step closer to Jesus.
- Oversee weekly youth activities for 7th–12th graders, including Learning Environments, Community Groups and other student activities. (For example, camps, mission trips and fundraising events.)
- Communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Build teams, recruit, and delegate.
Aspects of the Calling:
Teaching: In his or her teaching, the Youth Director is to demonstrate a belief in the authority of Scripture and a commitment to hear and submit to it. The goal of the Youth Director’s teaching should be to instill the doctrines of the faith in our youth so that their faith might have a firm foundation from which to grow and flourish.
Discipleship: The Youth Director will train our youth for their roles in the church as they mature, and integrate them into areas of service. He or she will disciple our youth through our 3 Pathways to Growth: Learning Environments, Community Groups and the Sunday Morning Gathering, and through our 8 Next Steps for Growing One Step Closer to Jesus:
- Read Your Bible
- Talk to God
- Come and See (the Sunday Morning Gathering)
- Go and Share
- Join Our Family (Membership)
- Celebrate (Baptism and Communion)
Family Care: The Youth Director must have a heart to care for and provide counsel to our youth and their families, offering practical guidance towards fostering spiritual health and stability within the home.
Leadership: The Youth Director will build a youth ministry that supports the overall vision of Grace Church: helping people grow one step closer to Jesus. The youth director will accomplish this through building effective teams made up of members of the church who have a heart for our youth.
Outreach: He or she will inspire the parents and youth of the Grace Church family to introduce students in the Salida community to Jesus.
Missions: The Director must have a heart for missions and facilitate missions trips in which our youth are given the opportunity to serve those in need, share the Good News, and support our ministry partners, both locally and worldwide.
Administration: The Director will be skilled in planning, organization, delegation, and communication with youth and their families, as well as with Grace Church’s staff and leadership.
- The qualifications for godly leadership found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 will be used as a guideline for assessing the character of the candidate.
- Be in agreement with the Grace Church Constitution and Bylaws.
- Sign the Grace Church Membership Pledge.
- Ministry experience and some formal Biblical education are preferred.
- Begin the application process by completing this form and submitting a resumé and cover letter by September 15th, 2023.